PASS Booking by Railway
Here are the details of ✅ PASS booking, including what e-pass booking is, the main features of pass booking, how to book, and the latest pass rules and instructions provided by the Railway
- e-Pass Booking by Railway
- Salient Features of PASS Booking
- PASS Booking: User Guide
- Pass Rules with the Latest instructions
e-Pass Booking by Railway
- To reserve a ticket through the Railway’s e-Pass system, you will find a checkbox labeled ‘Railway Pass Concession’ on the Railway e-ticketing website’s home page and within the ‘Plan My Journey’ section of the Rail Connect Mobile App.
- To make a booking via the e-Pass system, it is mandatory for at least one of the traveling passengers to possess a valid pass.
- When inputting passenger information on the reservation page, users are required to furnish their ‘Pass Number’ and ‘Pass PIN Code’ for pass validation during the booking process.
- The Railway convenience fee is temporarily waived for tickets that exclusively consist of Pass/PTO holders.
- Railway Convenience fees are applicable at the rates of Rs. 15+GST for SL and 2S class tickets and Rs. 30+GST for all other class tickets that include General passengers along with Pass/PTO holders.
- Please note that the option to purchase travel insurance is not available for Pass bookings.
- If a ticket is booked for an upper class than the entitled class, the user will be charged the fare difference.
- If a train/class has a Duty Pass (DP) quota defined, tickets will be booked in the DP quota even if the user has requested a General (GN) quota booking. Users can verify the quota assigned to a train/class on the Booking Review Page.
- Pass holders have the flexibility to break their journey in accordance with the permissions granted on their Pass.
- Attendant ticket bookings are available in accordance with the entitlements specified on the Pass.
- Once the user’s provided pass details are successfully validated, the PNR will be generated after the payment of the fare, followed by a positive response from the PRS system.
- For all other terms and conditions related to booking, cancellation, refunds, etc., please refer to the 2015 refund rules.
Salient Features of PASS Booking
- ‘Pass Booking’ is available under the ‘TRAINS’ menu at the Railway e-ticketing website and Rail Connect Mobile App.
- After successful login, the ‘Pass Booking’ is option is available under the ‘TRAINS’ menu on Railway e-ticketing website and under ‘Plan My Journey’ on Rail Connect Mobile App.
- To book a ticket in Pass Booking, at least one of the traveling passengers must be a pass holder.
- While providing passenger details at the passenger reservation page, the user needs to provide ‘Pass Number’ and ‘Pass Booking Code’ to validate his pass at the time of booking.
- Railway convenience fee is temporarily waived off for Pass booking.
- Travel insurance facility is not available for Pass booking.
- If the ticket is booked in the upper class than the entitled class then the difference of fare will be charged from the user.
- Users can break their journey as per the permission granted on Pass.
- Attendant ticket booking is available as per the pass entitlement.
- Once the pass details provided by the user are validated, PNR will be booked after payment of fare followed by a successful response from the PRS system.
- Other Terms and Conditions for booking, cancellation, refund, etc. are as per refund rules 2015.
PASS Booking: User Guide
- Step 1: Open Railway website
- Step 2: Log in to the Railway website by clicking on the “Log in” option provided at the top and enter your registered User ID and Password.
- Step 3: After successful login, select “Pass Booking” from the “TRAINS” menu.
- Step 4: A confirmation message will be displayed – “You are booking in Pass Booking”. Press OK to continue.
- Step 5: Provide your desired From – To station, Date of Journey, Quota, and Class of travel.
- Step 6: In case, you do not have any fixed date of journey, select the “Flexible with Date” option.
- Step 7: To find the train list, click on the “Search” button.
- Step 8: The “List of Trains” will be displayed on the next page with class-wise availability and fare.
- Step 9: To select the train from the train list, select desired class of travel and click on the “Book Now” button.
- Step 10: “Passenger Reservation Page” will be displayed on the next page.
- Step 11: For booking a Pass Booking ticket, at least one of the traveling passengers must be a pass holder.
- Step 12: Enter “Passenger Name”, “Age”, “Gender” and select concession option as “Pass Booking” for the pass holder and provide “Pass Number” and “Pass Booking Code” as per the details available in the pass issued.
- Step 13: Additional passengers can be added here by clicking on the “Add Passenger” option.
- Step 14: Concession option for a general passenger to be selected as “General Booking”.
- Step 15: Destination passenger address will be required to be provided under “Your Destination Address”.
- Step 16: To select a different Boarding Station for the journey, the “Change Boarding Station” option (available on the right side of the page) may be used.
- Step 17: After providing Passenger’s Mobile Number and selecting the Payment Mode, click on the “Continue” button to proceed next, and to make any change in the journey details “Back” button may be used.
- Step 18: Once the passenger details entered get verified with the details in pass issued, the next page will be displayed as “Booking Review Page”.
- Step 19: The ticket details, Total fare, Availability of berths and Pass details will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 20: There will be no Railway convenience fee and no travel insurance premium charged for the time being for tickets booked in PASS booking.
- Step 21: To make change in journey details, the “Back” button may be used.
- Step 22: After checking all details, enter the captcha and click on the “Continue” button.
- Step 23: If the total fare to be paid is greater than zero, then the payment options page will be displayed to make payment and the PNR number will be generated after successful payment and successful response from the PRS system.
- Step 24: If the total fare to be paid is displayed as zero, then on clicking the continue button “Booking Confirmation Page” will be displayed after a successful response from the PRS system PNR number will be displayed.
- Step 25: Virtual reservation message (VRM) in the form of SMS will be sent on Registered Mobile Number.
- Step 26: A booking confirmation mail will be sent on Email ID (registered with Railway User ID).
- Step 27: Electronic Reservation Slip (ERS) can be printed by clicking on the “Print Ticket” image button provided next to the PNR Number.
- Step 28: To book the ticket for Return/Onward Journey, the “Book Return/Onward Ticket” button may be used.
- Step 29: Using this option will retain the details of Passengers as provided in the current ticket.
- Step 30: To book another ticket, the “Book Another Ticket” button may be used.
PASS Booking/ User Guide – PDF Download
Pass Rules with Latest instructions
Pass Rules with latest instructions are here.