Platform Tickets by Indian Railway
Indian Railway is issuing platform tickets for entering the Railway station platforms, but on some occasions, the railway is changing the rates and rules related to the issue of platform tickets. Here we are including the details of Platform Tickets by Indian Railway.
The validity of a Platform Ticket is 2 Hours only
Railway Platform tickets: Persons other than bona fide passengers seeking entry to station platforms for the purpose of receiving or seeing off friends and relatives, should be issued platform tickets, were stocked, on recovery of the prescribed charges.
- Platform Tickets via Online
- Railway platform ticket via ATVMs : UPI-QR code based payment feature in ATVMs
- Platform Tickets Details
Indian Railway announced (on 04.11.2022) that power delegated to Divisional Railway Managers to decide rate of platform tickets shall be treated as withdrawn with immediate effect. But other terms and condition shall continue as earlier.
Platform Tickets via Online
Passengers can book Platform tickets via Online, details are attached. Platform tickets can be booked through UTS app by CRIS available in Google play store.
Steps to Book Platform Tickets via Online
- Step 1: Download the App from play store
- Step 2: Set up profile like name, Mobile No. etc.
- Step 3: Recharge the wallet.
- Step 4: Login to the app, Turn on location in your mobile. Select “ Book platform ticket “ in the app, You can select either paperless or print out option ( Not all stations are enabled for paperless option).
- Step 5: Enter the number of passengers and pay from the wallet.
While booking platform ticket person should be in and around 25 to 40 m from station premises as the app is geo- fenced to avoid cheating railways. So make sure you book the ticket before reaching the station. Suburban train tickets can also be booked through this app. Details attached :- UTS Mobile Ticketing App
Railway platform ticket via ATVMs : UPI-QR code based payment feature in ATVMs
Use Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVMs) extensively for ease of ticketing. Payment towards ticket fare is facilitated through new UPI-QR code based payment feature in ATVMs. Unreserved & PF tickets can be purchased in minutes thru ATVMs – Season tickets can be renewed
Now passengers can purchase platform tickets at the major railway stations without stepping into the booking office anymore. It plans to facilitate booking using QR code at kiosks as part of its modernization efforts, which also has the added advantage of avoiding personal interface in Covid 19 time.
A big move in the offing is that platform tickets can be booked through these kiosks which will have a QR code displayed on them. “One just needs to bring along a mobile, scan the code and collect the ticket from the slit below. There will be no human interface.
- A platform ticket in India costs ₹ 10/- to ₹ 20/- (increased in 2020 due to Covid, but now revised)
- One platform ticket for one person only.
- The validity of a platform ticket for 2 hours only.
- A person having a railway ticket for a train on the same day is not required to have a platform ticket.
- The platform ticket can be bought at any ticket reservation booth in the railway station.
- If caught without a platform ticket if the person is not a traveler, he/she may be fined anywhere from ₹ 250 to 270.