Maharajas’ Express Train
Maharajas’ Express Trains – It is an initiative of Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), flagged off in 2010. It is a luxury train in India equivalent to the Orient Express of Europe.
IRCTC announced that in line with government guidelines for safety & welfare of our guests, IRCTC has decided to Cancel all the last 4 Departures of Maharajas’ Express. The guests have an option to reschedule their trips to next seasons: 2020-21 and 2021-22 or ask for full refund without any cancellation charges. This cancellation is to mitigate The spread of the Covid-19. For any further clarifications, you may contact us: Mobile No: +91 9717635915 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Covid-19 : Railway Arrangements
|TOUR DURATION||6 Nights / 7 Days|
|Mumbai – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Bikaner – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Agra – Delhi|
|FARE STARTING FROM||USD 6340|
|MONTHS OF OPERATION||October to April|
|DISTANCE COVERED||2591 kms approx|
Cabins and Dining
Indian Luxury Train Maharajas’ Express Train has ✅Four cabins, Deluxe Cabin, Presidential Suite, Suite and Junior Suite. It also has Lounge Bar and Restaurants. All cabins are designed so beautifully that if one sees through the window, one can enjoy beautiful landscapes. Indian Luxury Train has allover red carpet and interiors are designed keeping in mind the Indian Royal Heritage. A traveler gets an amazing opportunity to Experience royalty but running on wheels.
The state of the art facilities in all the cabins of the train includes Live Television, Wi-fi Internet, Direct Dial International Telephone Facility, DVD player, LCD screen, wardrobe, Personal safe and air conditioning and en-suite bathroom facilities such as shower cubicle with running hot & cold water, W.C and basin. To make your stay Lavish and relaxed, we provide amenities such as bathrobe, slippers, hairdryer, range of Luxury toiletries made of essential oils. Each car of the train is attended by personalized valets to provide you with attentive, friendly and un-intrusive service throughout your Luxury rail tour.
✅ Categories of Cabin available on Maharajas’ Express
|Room Category||Twin||Double||Total Cabins/Suits||Passenger Capacity|
|Presidential Suite(has a double and a twin room)||–||–||1||4|
- DELUXE CABIN :-
- Maharajas’ Express train has ✅ 20 Deluxe Cabins of which 12 are twin bedded and 8 double bedded.
- The train coaches of Deluxe Cabin are named after the precious gems Hakik(Agate), Firoza(Torquoise), Katela(Amethyst), Beruz(Aquamarine) and Pitoniya(Bloodstone).
- JUNIOR SUITE :-
- Maharajas’ Express train has ✅ 18 Junior suites of which 12 are twin bedded and 6 double bedded.
- The train coaches of Junior suites are named after the precious gems Moti(Pearl), Panna(Emerald), Manik(Ruby), Gomed(Hessonite), Moonga(Coral) and Pukhraj(Sapphire).
- SUITE :-
- Maharajas’ Express train has ✅ 04 Suite Rooms.
- The Suite rooms are having 220 Sq. ft area.
- The rail coaches of Suites are named after the precious gems Heera(Diamond) and Neelam(Blue Sapphire).
- All the ✅ 4 suites are double bedded and have large panoramic windows.
- Each coach of the rail has a mini-pantry and manned by a valet to provide with attentive and prompt service.
- ✅ Additional Features:-
- The suite rooms are provided with additional features such as complimentary mini-bar and bath tub.
- The fare for the suite is inclusive of an exclusive language speaking guide and Luxury car during the off-board journeys.
- CCTV cameras, smoke alarms, RFID door locks and round the clock services of a Paramedic.
- PRSIDENTIAL SUITE:-
- Presidential Suite is 448 sq. ft of cabin area.
- The Presidential suite is named Navratana(nine precious gems) and has a living room, 2 bedrooms and washrooms.
- ✅ Additional Features:-
- The guests on-board the Presidential suite has an exclusive 24 hours personal valet to provide with attentive and luxury service.
- The tariff of presidential suite is inclusive of an exclusive language speaking guide and Luxury car during the off-board journeys.
Maharajas’ Express Trains Details – Amenities
[table id=449 /]
Maharajas’ Express Departure dates for Season 2020-21
|The Treasures of India||The Indian Panorama||The Indian Splendour||The Heritage of India|
Maharajas’ Express Departure dates for season 2021-22
|The Indian Panorama||The Indian Splendour||The Heritage of India||Treasures of India|
Maharajas’ Express Journey Details are here :- Maharajas’ Express Journey Details
Maharajas’ Express Train Reservation Packages Fare
Maharajas’ Express train package combines the opulence of luxury with charm of culture. Maharajas’ Express reservation includes accommodation in double or twin-bedded cabins with en-suite bathroom and is inclusive of meals, soft beverages, house pour brands of wines, beer and spirit.
A Maharajas’ Express tariff for Indian Maharajas’ booking encompasses each and every need of their customers. This luxury train tariff also includes the ✅ butler service, paramedic services, guided off-tour excursions as illustrated in the journeys, inclusive of entrance fees, all camera fees, transport and services of a guide and porterage at stations.
Given below are some of the terms and conditions before considering maharaja express booking-
- Prices are subject to change in case of any change or amendment in the Maharaja train route.
- GST will be charged extra as applicable.
- For child policy and other details, please refer to the website www.the-maharajas.com
- Itineraries, destinations, venues and scheduled departure are subject to change without prior notice.
- All the above prices are on per person per journey on twin sharing basis.
- Supplement will apply for Signature Journey, Special occasions such as a New Year, Christmas etc.
- All tariff is in US Dollars and INR per person per journey on twin sharing basis.
- In case of Single Occupancy, supplement charges shall be payable.
- Tariff subject to change in case of any change or amendment in the routing, itineraries, inclusions etc.
- Itineraries, destinations, venues and scheduled departures are subject to change without prior notice.
- Supplement will apply for Signature Journeys, special occasions such as New Year, Christmas etc.
- GST will be charged extra as applicable.
- INR Tariff will be revised every two months w.e.f 03rd Nov 2018
- Rounded off to next 10
Maharajas’ Express Package Price for 2019-20 & 2020-21 (USD)
|Journeys||Rooming||Deluxe Cabin||Junior Suite||Suite||Presidential Suite|
|The Indian Splendour(7 Days/ 6 Nights)(Covering approx. 2724 kms)||AdultSingle Supplement||$5,980$4,510||$9,460$8,520||$13,800$13,800||$23,700$23,700|
|The Heritage of India(7 Days/ 6 Nights)(Covering approx. 2771 kms)||AdultSingle Supplement||$6,340$4,840||$9,890$8,930||$13,800$13,800||$23,700$23,700|
|The Indian Panorama(7 Days/ 6 Nights)(Covering approx. 2309 kms)||AdultSingle Supplement||$5,980$4,510||$9,460$8,520||$13,800$13,800||$23,700$23,700|
|Treasures of India(4 Days/ 3 Nights)(Covering approx. 860 kms)||AdultSingle Supplement||$3,850$2,910||$4,950$4,460||$7,600$7,600||$12,900$12,900|
Maharajas’ Express Packages for Season 2019-20 & 2020-21 (INR)
|Journeys||Rooming||Deluxe Cabin||Junior Suite||Suite||Presidential Suite|
|The Indian Splendour(7 Days/ 6 Nights)(Covering approx. 2724 kms)||AdultSingle Supplement||425900321210||673750606800||982840982840||16879201687920|
|The Heritage of India(7 Days/ 6 Nights)(Covering approx. 2771 kms)||AdultSingle Supplement||451540344710||704370636000||982840982840||16879201687920|
|The Indian Panorama(7 Days/ 6 Nights)(Covering approx. 2309 kms)||AdultSingle Supplement||425900321210||673750606800||982840982840||16879201687920|
|Treasures of India(4 Days/ 3 Nights)(Covering approx. 860 kmsko)||AdultSingle Supplement||274200207250||352540317650||541280541280||918740918740|
Package Fare : Inclusion
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabins with en suite bathrooms.
- All meals, soft beverages, house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits
- Butler service.
- Guided off train excursions as illustrated in the journeys inclusive of entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water on board.
- Porterage at stations.
Package Fare : Exclusions
- Any optional tours as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Taxes, Insurance, Gratuities.
- Telephone calls, laundry, alcoholic beverages (apart from the house brands of wines, spirits, beer served in the restaurants and bar)
- Video, film and professional still camera fees.
- Maharajas’ Express Exclusions Arrival and departure transfers.
- International and domestic air tickets.
- Pre and post tour accommodation and any tour extensions are not included unless specifically mentioned as part of the journeys.
Booking / Cancellation Details
Booking and Cancellation details of Maharajas’ Express is available here :- Maharajas’ Express Booking / Cancellation Details
Maharajas’ Express : Plan to connect Konkan, Goa, Karnataka and Kerala
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu is planning to extend the Maharaja Express to the western coast by September 2017. Mr. Prabhu discussed the proposal with Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar during his Goa visit this week. According to a senior official in the State government, Mr. Parrikar favoured the idea as it will help upgrade the tourism transport network, a famous Newspaper reported.
Mr. Prabhu told Mr. Parrikar that the Maharaja Express with its variety of high-end travel packages would be an ideal travel option for foreign tourists. The Maharaja Express traverses through Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Aurangabad in Maharashtra. The plan is extend the service to the Konkan railway route connecting Konkan, Goa, Karnataka and Kerala. Mr. Prabhu is expected to moot the proposal to the Chief Ministers of the southern States.
Chairman and Managing Director of Konkan Railway Sanjay Gupta said on Friday that the issues discussed included doubling the railway track of the South Central Railway between Vasco to Londa, extending services of RailTel Corporation in Goa to enhance telecom infrastructure and resolving issues related to the construction of flyovers on the route.
✅ Who is the owner of Maharaja Express?
IRCTC, Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation
✅ Which is the official Website of Maharajas’ Express Train?
The official website of Maharajas’ Express Train is www.the-maharajas.com
✅ How to book online ticket of Maharajas’ Express Train?
Just follow steps:
- Step 1: Please go to www.the-maharajas.com and choose your journey.
- Step 2: Read the itineraries, inclusions, exclusions, terms and conditions and user agreement carefully before accepting them on behalf of your client.
- Step 3: Once you have chosen the journey, please print out (or ask IRCTC office to give the booking form) the Booking Form with the terms and conditions. The client and or the IA must duly sign the same and return to IRCTC.
- Step 4: On completion of the booking form, you have the option of scanning and e-mailing or faxing it to IRCTC at contact details.
- Step 5: Make the payment either in part or in full depending on the number of days before departure. If you have made part payment, the balance must be paid in accordance with the payment schedule defined, failing which the booking will be treated as cancelled and the relevant cancellation charges will be applied.
✅ What is the Cancellation procedure of Maharajas’ Express Train Ticket?
If you wish to cancel the booking of your client, you must communicate the cancellation by
- E-mail to IRCTC at email@example.com.
- In case the IA or any other person signs the Booking Form, it shall be conclusively presumed that the tour participants had given the necessary authority to such lead person / tour operator IA to sign the cancellation request on their behalf and send the same to the company. Such notification will only be deemed to have been given on receipt of your email / fax, since we can only act once we have received the same. The computation of the period of notice of cancellation shall commence only from the time the signed fax copy reaches IRCTC on working days within working hours till further notice. A cancellation charge is applicable to compensate us for making the booking and the possibility that we will be unable to resell your place in the time available.
✅ Is name change allowed in the Maharajas’ Express Train?
Name change is allowed upto 30 days prior to departure
✅ What is the Child policy in Maharajas’ Express Train?
For Deluxe/Jr.Suite/Suite Cabins
- Children below 5 years shall be allowed free, subject to sharing of double bed with parents.This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking. Single child (5 years – 12 years) sharing cabin with adults – 50 Percentage of the adult fare, subject to sharing of double bed with two full paid adults.This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking. OR
- Single child (5 years – 12 years) in a separate cabin -50 Percentage of the(adult fare + Supplement charges) if requested in a separate cabin.
- Two child (5 years – 12 years) in a separate cabin – 50 Percentage of the adult fare for each child in a separate cabin on twin sharing basis. Three child (5 years – 12 years) in a separate cabin – 50 Percentage of the adult fare for each child subject to sharing of double bed. OR
- If third child request in a separate cabin – 50 Percentage of the (adult fare + Supplement charges). Single child (5 years – 12 years) + one adult in a separate cabin:- Two adults fare on twin sharing basis.
- Two child (5 years – 12 years) + one adult in a separate cabin:- One adult fare plus 50 Percentage of the adult fare for each child subject to sharing of double bed.
For presidential suite cabin
- Children below 5 years shall be allowed free, subject to sharing of a double bed in PS.
- Single child (5 years – 12 years) sharing a cabin with adults – 50 Percentage of the adult fare, subject to sharing with two/three/four full paid adults in PS.
- Two children (5 years – 12 years) in a separate cabin – 50 Percentage of the adult fare for each child in a separate sub cabin on twin sharing basis subject to sharing with two full paid adults in PS.
- Three children (5 years – 12 years) in a separate cabin – 50 Percentage of the adult fare for each child subject to sharing of with two/three full paid adults in PS.
- Single child (5 years – 12 years) + one adult in a separate cabin:- Two adults fare on twin sharing basis in PS.
- Two children (5 years – 12 years) + one adult in a separate cabin:- 50 Percentage of the adult fare for each child subject to sharing with one full-paid adult.
For visiting the official site of Maharajas’ Express, click the following links:-