Thane – Diva Mumbai Local Trains Details
Indian Railway announced via press release on 17.02.2022 that Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated to the Nation two additional railway lines connecting Thane and Diva on 18th February, 2022 at 4:30 PM via video conferencing.
CR – Introduction of 36 Additional Suburban Services on Main Line ~ 19.02.2022
Central Railway announced that CR has decided to introduce 36 additional suburban services with revised main line suburban time table with effect from 19.2.2022. The changes in timings of suburban services in accordance with revised timings of Mail/Express trains and commissioning of 5th and 6th line between Thane and Diva.
Salient Features Of The Revised Time Table
- 36 additional services on Main Line. Total number of services on Main Line increases from 858 to 894.
- Total number of services on Mumbai Division of Central Railway increases from 1774 to 1810
- Total number of AC suburban services on Main Line increases from 10 to 44 i.e. 34 new AC services on Main Line. Out of 44 AC services, 25 AC services will run as fast services i.e. 24 fast and one semi-fast
- Total number of fast line services increases from 257 to 270 i.e. 13 more fast line services
- Total number of slow line services increases from 601 to 624 i.e. 23 more slow line services
- With the commissioning of 5th and 6th line few semi-fast services converted into either fast or slow services.
The 44 AC suburban services on Main Line will be run utilizing 3 AC rakes, the details of Mumbai AC suburban services will be as under:- MUMBAI LOCAL : REVISED AC SUBURBAN TRAIN TIME TABLE
He will also flag off two suburban trains of the Mumbai Suburban Railway, followed by his address on the occasion. Kalyan is the main junction of Central Railway. The traffic coming from North side and Southern side of the country merge at Kalyan and moves towards CSMT (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus). Out of the four tracks between Kalyan and CSTM, two tracks were used for slow local trains and two tracks for fast local, Mail Express and Goods trains. To segregate suburban and long distance trains, two additional tracks were planned. The two additional railway lines connecting Thane and Diva have been built at the approx cost of Rs 620 crores and features 1.4 km long rail flyover, 3 major bridges, 21 minor bridges. These lines will significantly remove the interference of long distance train’s traffic with suburban train’s traffic in Mumbai. These lines will also enable the introduction of 36 new suburban trains in the city.
PM to dedicate to the nation railway lines connecting Thane and Diva on 18th February PM to also flag off two suburban trains of the Mumbai Suburban Railway Built at a cost of about Rs 620 crores, the additional railway lines will significantly remove the interference of long distance train’s traffic with suburban train’s traffic These tracks will also enable introduction of 36 new suburban trains
Salient Features of 5th 6th line project between Thane and Diva
- 19 km length (UP and DN) new tracks laid down between Thane and Diva. (2 tracks each of 9.44 kms.)
- 6 platforms and 8 Foot Over Bridges constructed at Kalwa, Mubra and Diva
- 1.4 km long rail flyover, 3 major bridges, 21 minor bridges also constructed between Thane and Diva
- 170 m long tunnel constructed
- Equal cost sharing between Government of India and Government of Maharashtra.
- Segregation of suburban and Mail Express/Goods trains corridors. This will help to improve punctuality of trains in future as well create path for introduction of additional local services on Central Railway’s main line.
- Result in effective utilisation of 6 lines between Kurla / LTT and Kalyan
- Suburban and long distance trains will now run on separate lines there by easing congestion.
- Introduction of 36 New Suburban services will result in increased passenger capacity.
- Suburban services will be available at Kalva and Mumbra stations even during maintenance blocks.
Mumbai Local : PM To Flag Off 36 New Local Trains : 18.02.2022
Prime minister Narendra Modi will flag off 36 new local train services on the Central Railway and will also dedicate the newly-constructed fifth and sixth railway lines between Thane and Diva railway stations to the people on Friday. Chief minister Uddhav Thackeray and deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar also have been invited to the function, a famous online Newspaper reported.
“The prime minister will flag off new local trains on the Central Railway on February 18. As many as 2.7 million passengers will benefit from the 36 new local trains services added. The project was announced in 2008 and has now been completed by spending ₹620 crore,” said Raosaheb Danve, Minister of State for Railways.
Of the 36, 34 new Air-Conditioned (AC) local trains will be introduced between Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT)- Kalyan/ Kasara and Karjat railways stations.
“The allocation of budget for Maharashtra has gone up by ten times during the Modi government. Development in Maharashtra and the development of railways will happen. Rehabilitation of people across the railway lines is a state government issue and the decisions should be done within the framework of Supreme Court order and law,” added Danve.
As the new train services will be introduced, 44 AC local train services will be operated on the Central Railway mainline. In order to increase the train services on the Central Railway mainline, one AC train will be withdrawn from the Harbour railway operating between CSMT and Panvel railways stations.
The fifth and sixth railway lines project between Thane and Diva is a part of the Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP 2B) that got approval in 2008. Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation (MRVC) undertook the construction of the project and completed the commissioning work of the railway line after a 72-hour block on February 8.
- Panvel – Nerul – Thane : Mumbai Local Latest Train Timing
- Thane – Panvel : Mumbai Local Train Time Table
- Andheri – Panvel Mumbai Local Train Time Table
- Vasai – Panvel Latest Train Timing
- Panvel – Thane : Local Train Time Table
- Dadar – Parel : Mumbai Local Train Time Table
- Mumbai Local Train Time Table ~ Updates
- Mumbai Mega Block and Jumbo Block Details