QR Code Train Ticket Booking
Indian Railways has introduced ticket booking via QR Code scanning as part of the Digital India initiative. Here’s how to book a train ticket by scanning a QR Code, and you can also find information about which Indian Railway zones have implemented QR Code-based ticket booking facilities.
- Scan QR Code to Get Unreserved Ticket on App
- List of Railway’s Having QR Code Facility
- New feature in ATVMs : QR code based payment in ATVMs by SR
- Rail Passengers can purchase Tickets through QR code facility in SCR
- QR Code Mobile Ticketing Option by Chennai Metro Rail
- QR Code Ticket for Reserved Ticketing System by NCR
Scan QR Code to Get Unreserved Ticket on App
With the availability of QR code at stations, passengers can now purchase their paperless ticket on-line without having to stand in Queue saving time and energy.
Passengers are required to download the UTS app on their mobile devices and complete the ‘registration’ and ‘login’ procedures. Once successfully registered, passengers can book tickets by specifying their source and destination. The application will then generate a QR code for the booked ticket, which will serve as the ticket at the railway station. This new system aims to expedite ticket purchases and reduce transaction times.
To scan the QR code, railway personnel use a handheld terminal with the CRIS application. The scanning process provides details on passenger occupancy and the availability of berths on the train. Additionally, ticket examiners can employ mobile apps, such as QR, Barcode Scanner, and QR Code Reader, to scan the QR code.”
How to Scan QR Code of Train Ticket ?
How to Book the Train Ticket via QR Code scanning
Once a reserved ticket is booked from any where, an SMS containing URL of the QR Code is sent to the passenger’s mobile number. During entering the station or checking of the ticket, the passenger will click on the QR code URL available in his/her SMS, and the QR code of the reserved ticket will be displayed on the passenger’s mobile browser.
Step by Step process are following.
- Step 1 : Open UTS App from Indian Railways, which can be used for booking unreserved train tickets
- Step 2 : In the ‘Book Ticket’ Menu, locate and select the ‘QR Booking’ option.
- Step 3 : Visit the railway station where the QR code is provided, then use the UTS App to scan the QR code.
- Step 4 : Choose your destination and complete any other required fields.
- Step 5 : Make the payment, and your ticket will be generated instantly.
In this new facility after entering the journey details, while making the payment of ticket fare, in addition to the existing options, passengers will get two new options i.e., UPI through Paytm and UPI through Freecharge. For making payment through QR code, passenger has to select one of these two options. Later, Passenger will get QR code displayed on the ATVM screen. The same has to be scanned by the passenger for making payment. After successful payment, the required ticket will be generated.
List of Railway’s Having QR Code Facility
QR Code Facility by Eastern Railway
Eastern Railway announced that a new feature has been enabled in ATVM module. Booking of ATVM ticket, recharge of ATVM Smart Card through Paytm, Freecharge, UPI QR Code has been enabled in the system. Moreover, online recharge of ATVM Smart Cards and ATVM ticket through R-Wallet of UTS on mobile app have also been enabled.
New feature in ATVMs : QR code based Payment in ATVMs by SR
- Passengers can purchase tickets through QR code based payments using any UPI based digital payment platform
- On scanning the QR code in ATVMs, Journey & Platform tickets can be purchased & Season Tickets can be renewed
- Recharge of Smart cards also facilitated through QR code
Souther Railway announced on 11.02.2022 that in an effort to encourage cashless transactions and digital payments, Southern Railway has introduced QR (Quick Response) code based payment of ticket fare in Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVMs). Journey and Platform tickets can be purchased using QR code facility. In addition, renewal of season tickets can also be done. Further, smart card can also be recharged using QR codes generated in ATVMs. This facility, in addition to the existing smart card based payment, will facilitate quick transactions and hassle-free cashless payments through ATVMs.
Once the journey details are entered in the ATVM, for the purpose of payment three options will be displayed as under:
- Railway Smart Card
- BHIM UPI QR Code (Pay by Paytm)
- BHIM UPI QR Code ( Pay by Freecharge)
On choosing any one of the two QR code based payment option as mentioned above, the QR code will be generated and displayed on the ATVM screen. The displayed QR code needs to be scanned through any UPI enabled app such as Gpay, Paytm and Phonepe, etc. and proceeded with for making the payment towards the cost of ticket. A physical ticket will pop out of the ATVM machine once the payment is completed. Smart cards can also be recharged similarly by placing the card on the slot and accessing the QR code for payment.
By introduction of this new feature of QR code based payment in ATVMs, the usage of ATVM has been made more simpler and it is not compulsory for a passenger to pre-own a ATVM smart card. Now even without a ATVM smart card, tickets can be purchased by opting QR based payment.
Any queries or complaints related to digital payment in ATVMS can be redressed through RailMadad or 139.
Southern Railway appeals to the passengers to extensively use the QR code based payment facility in ATVMs installed at stations for purchase of Journey and Platform tickets, for renewal of season tickets and recharge of smart cards. It may be noted that a discount of 0.5% can be availed on renewal of suburban season tickets using UPI QR Code.
For further details :- QR code based Payment in ATVMs : Steps
Rail Passengers can purchase Tickets through QR code facility in SCR
Purchase of Unreserved tickets through Automatic Ticket Vending Machines over SCR now becomes more easier with the introduction of QR Code facility. This facility is introduced in addition to the existing method of using smart cards with the help of Paytm and Freecharge payment gateways.
South Central Railway announced that in a step to encourage cashless transactions in more ways and to increase digital payments, South Central Railway has introduced an additional facility for the benefit of rail users for payment of ticket fare through QR (Quick Response) code for purchasing tickets through Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVMs).
ATVMs are helpful for rail users in purchasing unreserved tickets and platform tickets. Until now, Passengers who wished to purchase tickets through these machines had to purchase Smart cards mandatorily and needed to recharge the same as per the requirement. These smart cards can be recharged at General Booking counters or through online mechanism.
In order to extend this facility of cashless transaction to the rail users who do not have smart cards and to further encourage the digital payments duly simplifying the process, a user-friendly system of payment has been introduced for purchase of tickets by utilising the payment gateways (Paytm or Freecharge), duly scanning the QR code which is displayed on ATVMs.
Shri Sanjeev Kishore, General Manager, SCR has appealed all the rail users to utilise this opportunity for purchasing the general tickets by avoiding the queues and cash transactions at General booking counters. This facility will immensely help the rail users to have a safe and secure rail travel during these pandemic prevailing times, besides reducing the rush at the booking counters, he added.
QR Code Mobile Ticketing Option by Chennai Metro Rail (CMRL)
Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has launched Contact-less mobile ticketing QR code mobile ticketing option that will allow contactless travel and prevents spread of COVID 19. Here are the further details of QR code ticketing system by Chennai Metro Rail Limited.
How to use QR Code Ticketing Facility
- CMRL has implemented a complete contactless ticketing system that greatly reduces the risk of spreading of COVID-19. The contactless QR ticketing solution eliminates human interference and allows seamless passage throughout the journey.
- Passengers will be able to book tickets and buy passes of their choice (Single Journey Ticket, Round Journey ticket, Trip Passes) in the form of QR codes in the existing CMRL mobile app.
- This QR code generated will be scanned at the QR scanners fitted to a particular gate at every station to enter and exit, making the entire journey completely contactless.
- Features like rescheduling and cancellation of tickets have also been included for the convenience of the passengers. The digital payment options include Debit Card, Credit Card, UPI and Net banking facilities. This user-friendly solution is available for passengers at all 32 Metro Stations.
QR Code Ticket for Reserved Ticketing System by NCR
In a major development, innovative QR code based ticket checking system developed by Prayagraj division of North Central Railway is implementing on Pan India basis for contactless reserved ticket checking. Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) has rolled out an application covering all Zonal Railways to display reserved ticket details of passenger in form of unique QR code.
On successful reserved ticket booking from anywhere, a SMS containing URL of QR code will be sent to the passenger mobile number. During entering the station or checking of ticket, passenger will click on the QR code URL available in his/her SMS and the QR Code of the reserved ticket will be displayed on the passenger’s mobile browser. Hand held terminal (HMT) with CRIS application shall be used for QR code scanning in contactless fashion and QR code scanning will automatically update the passenger turn up details in the application which will provide real time information on occupancy, no. of vacant berths etc.
This application launched by CRIS covering entire reserved ticketing of Railways is live now and SMS with URL links for generating QR code is being sent on provided mobile no. of passengers. Railway Board has asked to train and sensitizeall ticket checking staff on this contactless ticket checking system. This QR code based contactless ticket scanning system was originally implemented on Prayagraj station of North Central Railway on pilot basis w.e.f. 01.06.20 and now it has been implemented for entire reserved ticketing system.
Mumbai Trains QR Code Tickets : Central and Western Railway
A QR code based E-Pass (Electronic Pass) is now mandatory for all Essential category staff who are travelling in EMU trains in Mumbai and the MMR Region on the Central and Western Railways. Bhusawal Division of Central Railway starts QR code system for ticket checking
Mumbai Trains QR Code Tickets : South Western Railways
South Western Railways have introduced QR code ticketing for 60 Stations over the zone where passengers can purchase their unreserved tickets for travelling by various trains over Indian Railways. This is in addition to 13 stations in Bengaluru area which was introduced in 2018.
Passengers can get their tickets with ease after scanning the QR code issued at the following stations of SWR by using UTS app on mobile.
|KS R Bengaluru|
Vasco Da Gama
✅ What is a QR code?
Quick Response Code
✅ How do I scan a QR code with train ticket?
Select the option of QR Booking under the Book Ticket Menu. Then Visit the Railway station and scan QR code via UTS App. Select the destination and other fields, make the payment. Ticket booking done.
✅ What is the main purpose of QR Code Train Ticket by Railway?
For issuing contactless ticket to the passengers
✅ When did QR code introduce in Indian Railway?
QR code on ticket was first introduced by the North Western Railway for 12 stations to get unreserved tickets easily on mobile. This QR code can be scanned by the ticket examiner for contactless verification.
✅ What is QR Code based Ticket booking?
Indian Railways enables QR-Code Based Ticket booking. The users can book the tickets via UTS application and select QR booking in the ‘book ticket’ menu.
QR Based e-pass for Mumbai Local Train Travel
Survey about the AC Local ~ Scan QR Code
Participate in the survey about the Mumbai AC Local Train
QR Based e-pass for Mumbai Local
A QR code based E-Pass (Electronic Pass) is now mandatory for all essential category staff those who are travelling in EMU trains in Mumbai and the MMR Region on the Central and Western Railways. An Electronic QR based e-pass along with a valid railway ticket is mandatory to travel in the Mumbai local suburban services from 30th July,2020.
Process of Generating QR Based E-pass
The process of generating such a pass is envisaged in two stages:-
- The HR head of each organisation may depute authorised personnel with an list of their employees in soft and hard copy with basic individual information. The standard format in which data has to be provided is given below.
The said information has to be provided in soft copy as well as hard copy by the above authorised personnel to –
|Name : Shri Pramod Sawant/ Shri Devansh Shukla/ Shri Jyotimani|
Address : Technology Cell, 5th Floor, New Administration Building, CP office compound, Dr. D. N. Road, Opp. Crawford Market, Mumbai 400001.
Contact Number : 8828119706
Working Days between 10.00 hrs to 18.00 hrs from 16.07.2020 – 27.07.2020
- Also the name and contact details of a Nodal Officer is to be given by each organisation and send by the above authorised personnel so as to facilitate him/her to act as a final approver of the organization’s QR code based E-Pass. A sealed envelope containing the user name and password (which can be later changed) shall be sent to the contacts of the above nodal officer.
- Once the information is registered in “QR code application” an SMS along with a web link would be sent on the phone no. of the employee, as mentioned against the name of each staff, whereupon the employee shall add more details by clicking on the web link and submit the form to his nodal officer, for approval.
- On receipt of the form submitted by the employee to the nodal officer of the organisation, the nodal officer shall decide upon approval of the same by logging in to the web portal using the user name and password already provided. The nodal officer may choose to approve the application singularly, or in bulk.
- Once such an approval is done by the nodal officer, a SMS link will be sent to the employee, who will now be able to download his QR code e-pass using the same.
How to get an e-pass
Essential services’ personnel travelling by suburban railways will have to apply for an e-pass to the head of their office. Complete information of the employee, including his name, position, department, place of residence and work, mobile number and other details should be provided in this application. It is mandatory that the head of the concerned office should submit this application in soft and hard copy to the nodal officer of the state government. The concerned nodal officer shall have the authority to approve or reject these applications. After all the due process is completed, an SMS link will be sent to the staff whose application has been approved. The concerned employee will have to send a form via mobile through that link. All the instructions for this will be available at the sent link. In addition, an ID and password will be given to the nodal officers of the concerned offices, establishments. This will allow the concerned authorities to approve the final list of their employees. All this work will be done in coordination with the state government officials.
When all the procedures are done, the “QR” Code of the e-pass will appear on the employee’s mobile phone. Along with this ‘e-pass’, the concerned passenger employee can travel by purchasing the regular ticket/ monthly pass of Suburban Railway.